Monday, July 23, 2007

I think they're on to something...

I've known of Allelon for a couple of years (I think) and have found it to be an invaluable resource for thinking and engaging missionally, and just what that means. But today, I listened to one of Roxburgh's Journal Netcast entries and was really moved by what Pete Atkins described. It's different. It's not what we're used to. But they are discerning where God is at work and orienting themselves, and those around them in their community, to the in-breaking Kingdom reign of God. I was arrested by the line Atkins said along the lines of, We're praying that God would reveal to us what he's doing, not that he'd bless what we're doing." Man--that's soooo right on.

May the LORD reveal to us here in West Texas where he's working and woo us to join him!

The Lord be with you!

Michael

No comments: